FAQ Home

4482. What are Childcare Vouchers and Types of Childcare?

If you work and pay for childcare, your employer might be able to help with some of your childcare costs. Childcare vouchers are a way they can do this.

The types of Childcare are mentioned:-
  • Workplace childcare facilities:- This kind of childcare should be available to all your employees. The childcare facility doesn't have to be based at your workplace. It can be in other premises that you manage and Payment, as long as the premises are not used wholly or mainly as a private residence. For this kind of childcare no tax or NICs have to be paid.
  • Commercial childcare and childminders:- You provide childcare support to your employees by contracting directly with a childcare provider such as a commercial nursery or a childminder. You do not have to pay the tax or NIC if you pay less than the Qualifying amount. The qualifying amount is £55 per week (£243 per month). If you have to pay more than the Qualifying amount for Commercial childcare and childminders then you have to pay NIC or TAX only for the amount above £55 per week (£243 per month) and report the amount above £55 per week (£243 per month) on the P11D in our application.