FAQ Home

4415. I have e-Filed wrong data. Can I e-file them again?
You should submit an Earlier Year Update(EYU) in the following tax year. You can submit an Earlier Year Update(EYU) to correct FPS information for up to six years after you filed your original FPS or EPS.

Earlier Year Update (EYU):

If you are correcting an error in a previous tax year when you used FPS and EPS, your EYU should only record the difference between what you had originally submitted and what the figure should be.
For example, if you recorded 100 on an employee's payroll record, the EYU should show '+100'. You can only amend year to date data on an EYU.

Please follow the below steps to E-File Earlier Year Update (EYU) Details:

Step 1: Go to the "E-Filing RTI" in the tasking zone at the top.

Step 2: Click on the "E-File RTI FPS,EPS,NVR,EYU" menu.

Step 3: Click on the "EYU (Earlier Year Update)" link under Regular RTI E-FIling.

Step 4: You can view your all the Current and Former employees here.

Step 5: Click on the "Enter" link related to the employee concerned.

Step 6: Enter only the difference between the values you previously submitted on the employee's final FPS to HMRC and the correct amounts.

Step 7: Click on the yellow "Save&Continue" button.

Step 8: Fill the Employer's Declaration form and click on the yellow confirm button.

Step 9: Click the "Live e-filing" button" to efile the data to HMRC.

Step 10: Finally you can view the e-filed status of your employees.

E-Filing RTI -> E-file RTI FPS, EPS, NVR, EYU -> EYU (Earlier Year Update) link -> Enter link -> Save&Continue button -> confirm button -> Live e-filing button.

( 'E-Filing RTI' is the button positioned in the tasking zone menu at the top. It is the third button from the left)