FAQ Home

4481. How to set up Benefit in Kind payment items?

From 6 April 2016 onwards , both existing and latest payrolled benefits and expenses must be registered with HMRC using the online Payrolling Benefits in Kind (PBIK) service. If you are making use of this service then there is no need to report them on P11D return.If not, then it's necessary to efile P11D return end of the year. But either way its mandatory to submit a P11D (b) form end of the year including the total benefits and expenses provided.

Click here for more information regarding payrolling benefits in kind.

To set up Benefit in Kind payment items, go to Employer / Setup in the Tasking Zone, then select Chart of Setup. Under Payment & Deduction click on the Notional / Benefit in Kind Payment Setup link. In this section you can set up any new Benefit in Kind payment items you want to provide to your employees. We have pre-set some of the more common Benefits in Kind payments items for you.

Common Benefit in Kind items include accommodation, lighting or heating, council tax/rates, water and sewerage charges, cars and vans, childcare expenses, clothing, credit cards and charge cards, fuel, holidays, job-related benefits, loans, meals, medical insurance, mileage allowances, overnight expenses, relocation expenses, shares, training, traveling expenses and vouchers.
Road Map - To set up User defined Benefit in Kind payment name and item code
Employer/Setup -> Chart of Setup > Payment & Deduction > Notional / Benefit in Kind Payment Setup.
( 'Employer/Setup' is the button positioned in the tasking zone menu at the top. It is the first button on the left)